K9 Partners for Patriots is a proud Veterans Service Organization that serves active duty personnel and military Veterans who have served in the United States Armed Forces. If you are a veteran or active duty and struggling with symptoms related to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), and Military Sexual Trauma (MST). We are here to support and serve you.
- Applicant must be an active or former military veteran with a diagnosis of service-related PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress), TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury), and or MST (Military Sexual Trauma).
- Honorable Discharge – Each applicant must provide a DD214 Long Form stating Character of Service.
- You must provide a letter from a physician, counselor, or VA stating:
~ diagnosis of service-related PTSD, TBI, and/or MST.
~ you are medically, mentally, and physically able to handle the responsibilities of owning and training a dog.
- Felony Convictions: Felony convictions, domestic violence, sexual offenses, or animal mistreatment, abuse, neglect, or cruelty disqualify you from this program.
Learn More About the Program
You must have a reliable email account that you check regularly. A valid, active email account is critical to completing the enrollment process.
Submit your application
DO NOT FILL OUT THE APPLICATION FOR SOMEONE ELSE.
The veteran must be committed to a positive life change and willing to do the work to heal. Applying to the program must be the veteran’s decision.
Check Your SPAM Folder
If you haven’t received a confirmation response from us, it is most likely in your SPAM folder.
Waiver Pak – Upload Docs and Complete Background Check
Within 3 business days, you will receive an EMAIL from our Veteran Liaison with a link to the Waiver Pak.
- Upload the required documents, DD214, Physician/VA/Counselor Letter stating the diagnosis of PTSD, TBI, or MST.
- If we provide the dog, you will also upload a video of the home where the dog will live.
- Complete the background check authorization form.
Once we receive your completed Waiver Pak and background check, we will schedule you for an in-person interview at the K9 Partners for Patriots Training Campus in Brooksville, Florida.
This is a multi-page form.
Be sure to continue through ALL the form pages until you tap the ‘SUBMIT’ button. If you don’t click Submit, your application will not be sent. There is a progress bar at the top of each page that shows your progress.
If the name on your driver’s license doesn’t match the name on your DD214 you will be required to provide legal documentation for the name change. i.e. marriage, divorce, or name change affidavit.