Service Dog Application
Unlock Independence Through the Power of the Paw
The application process to become a service dog recipient from K9 Partners for Patriots is comprehensive and considerate. It reflects our commitment to ensuring that every veteran who applies is matched with a dog that suits their needs and personality.
You Must Have A Reliable Email Address
A valid and actively utilized email address holds paramount significance in facilitating a smooth and successful navigation through the enrollment journey.
Step 1 - Submit Your Application
Please refrain from completing the application on behalf of another individual. It is crucial that the veteran personally expresses a genuine desire to apply for admission to the K9 Partners for Patriots Service Dog Training Program. The veteran should firmly believe in the transformative power of a service dog in their journey and demonstrate a strong commitment to achieving a positive life transformation, being fully prepared to invest the necessary effort into their healing process.
Kindly ensure that you monitor your SPAM folder for any communication.
Following the submission of your application, our team will promptly send an email confirmation. In the event that you do not locate this confirmation in your primary email Inbox, we recommend checking your SPAM folder, as it may have been filtered there.
Step 2 - Waiver Pak
Within three (3) business days of submitting your application, you will receive an email from our Veteran Liaison. This email will include a link to access the K9P4P Waiver Pak, a collection of authorization forms necessary to grant us permission to access and review your confidential information and documentation.
To proceed, kindly follow the instructions outlined in the Waiver Pak:
- Upload the essential documents, including your DD214, along with the Medical Release Form from your Physician, VA, or Counselor confirming the diagnosis of PTSD, TBI, or MST.
- If we are providing the dog, we kindly request that you upload a video showcasing the living environment where the dog will reside. If you plan to bring your own dog, this step can be omitted.
- Complete the background check authorization form as part of the process.
Step 3 - Schedule In-Person Interview
Upon the successful receipt of your completed Waiver Pak and the completion of the background check, our Veteran Liaison will initiate contact with you. They will coordinate and schedule your in-person interview, which will take place at the K9 Partners for Patriots Training Campus located in Brooksville, Florida.
1. Eligibility Criteria:
– Candidates must be active-duty or former military veterans who have served in the US Armed Forces and have been diagnosed with service-related conditions, including PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress), TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury), and/or MST (Military Sexual Trauma).
2. Honorable Discharge Verification:
– To apply, all applicants are required to furnish a DD214 Long Form confirming their Character of Service, specifically an Honorable Discharge.
3. Submission of Medical Release Form:
– Applicants must submit the Medical Release Form, which is available for download on our website’s Eligibility page.
4. Disqualification Factors:
– Please note that individuals with felony convictions, history of domestic violence, sexual offenses, or involvement in animal mistreatment, abuse, neglect, or cruelty are not eligible for this program. Such cases do not meet the qualification criteria.
Please be aware that this form spans multiple pages. It is essential to navigate through all the pages until you reach the “Submit” button. Once your application is successfully submitted, you will see a “Success” confirmation. To track your progress throughout the form, please refer to the progress bar located at the top of each page.
If the name on your driver’s license doesn’t match the name on your DD214 you will be required to provide legal documentation for the name change. i.e. marriage, divorce, or name change affidavit.